Interested in becoming a Board Member?
Being a board member requires commitment of time, talent and expertise, but the most important requirements are a passion for education and a desire to have an impact. We have the ability to partner with teachers to make a difference in the educational experiences our students have and we believe these enhanced experiences can lead to great futures for our students and the communities where they live and work.
Board members are required to (but not limited to) :
- Actively participate in monthly board meetings; engage in critical constructive conversation to move the foundation to the next level; ask the difficult questions; share opinions; and contribute expertise
- Engage with others (e.g., board members, leaders in the community, students, teachers) to better understand the challenges and offer practical solutions
- Be vigilant to guarantee the foundation’s values and vision are upheld at all times
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of the foundation’s funds
- Help raise funds, interest and awareness in the community
We believe having individuals with varying backgrounds and experiences who think differently and bring unique perspectives to the table will lead to better discussions and push us as an organization to have a greater impact. Board candidates should be leaders in their community and/or business and have expertise to help the foundation fulfill its mission. Please visit our website to learn more about our current board members.
Successful board members should have a variety of “key competencies” that set them apart. A great board member will be :
- Bright and creative
- Confident and assertive
- Passionate about education and global learning
- Act with integrity at all times
- Seize opportunities to make a difference
- Motivate others to reach levels they think unattainable
- Ask probing questions and challenge the status quo
Board meetings are held monthly at Garden Spot High School in New Holland, PA & Board Members are asked to serve a 3 year commitment.